Net weight: 500g
What is arrow root powder?
It is the filtered powder of a tuber, named arrowroot. This floor is not powdered in the way other materials are powdered. This is cleaned, wet-ground, and then filtered. When the whole filtered part is left overnight, the powder will be settled at the bottom. Which is, in turn, washed one more time before filtering again. The whole process of washing and filtering will be continued for many times. After final drying, we get the pure white arrowroot powder.
What are the benefits of arrowroot powder?
- Cooling: Consuming it during summer days will keep your body cool for the entire day.
- Nutrient food: Arrowroot is considered to be a great nutrient food for infants. In India, this is fed to the children before beginning to feed rice. It is a amazing source of nutrients.
- Clear cholestrol: There are scientific evidences showing that this multi-purpose tuber would help in getting rid of cholestrol.
- Remedy for diarrhoea: This has been used for hundreds of years to treat diarrhoea.
- Anti-weakness: This is a wonderful solution for people with fever or weakness.
- Breastmilk production: Arrowroot also helps in improving the breastmilk production for nursing mothers (ಬಾಣಂತಿಯರಿಗೆ).
How to consume?
There are plenty of ways to consume it. Most commonly used ones are
- Starch: Just mix 2-3 tsp of this powder with a glass of water, boil and drink. You might like to add sugar to sweeten, if you'd like to.
- Cereal: Mix it with milk, heat it and then consume it as a cereal.
- Halwa: You can make halwa out of it. It's also known as halwa hittu (meaning halwa floor) in Kannada.